- 5 hours of video
- 7 hours completion time
- 6 Multiple Choice Assessments
- Optional Skill Building Activities
- Real classroom examples
Former elementary through graduate level teacher & administrator
- ASCD, Rand Corporation, E.T.S., Phi Delta Kappa & IDEA-Kettering consultant & trainer
- Cocreater of the learning Style Inventory for Students
- Author of So Each May Learn & Teaching Styles & Strategies
- Creator of movement toward student alignment in a standards-based world
- Producer of staff development video programs for ASCD, Canter & Associates & Video Journal
- Creator of a movement toward student alignment in a standards-based world
Cofounder & CEO of Marzano Research Laboratory, Englewood, CO
- Senior Fellow, Mid-continent Regional Library, Aurora, CO
- Leading researcher in education
- Speaker, trainer & author of over 30 books & 150 articles on assessments, writing & implementing standards, cognition, effective leadership & school interventions
- Practical translations of most current research & theory into classroom strategies are internationally known & widely known & practiced by teachers & administrators
Vice President of Silver Strong & Associates & Thoughtful Education Press
- Former elementary and secondary level teacher
- Served as trainer/consultant to hundreds of school districts, teacher & professional organization & state departments of education
- Leader in the movement for authentic assessment
- Cofounder of the Institute for Community and Difference
- Former district-level coordinator for gifted & talented education
- Author & developer of numerous books & products for educators
The 5 Practices of
Highly Effective Classrooms
This long-awaited online program is a "must-have" for anyone who has ever followed the work of Bob Marzano, Harvey Silver and Richard Strong. Offering a perfect balance between theory and practice, this powerful online program combines detailed instruction, with video of real classroom examples - all carefully selected by Dr. Silver and Dr. Marzano!
Listen as these educational giants walk you through their five pillars for teaching success. Then observe and study videos of real classroom examples - to model the practices of master teachers. This powerful program eliminates the challenge of translating research-based professional development material into real change of practices in the classroom.
Here are just some of the things you will be learning:
- How to engage students of all four learning styles... there is a difference!
- When to use compare/contrast and why it contributes to
- Four strategies you will use over and over with students
who struggle with new vocabulary words... watch these
techniques in action in real classrooms.
- The strategy that works best when you have to
differentiate your classroom instruction.
- The four principles of thought - the keys to understanding
how your students comprehend complex concepts.
- The 12 research proven core skills that separate high
achievers from low achievers - and why they are so UNDER TAUGHT