- 6.3 hours of video
- 9 hours completion time
- 2 Multiple Choice Assessments
- 9 Optional Skill Building Activities
- Real classroom examples
Adolescent Literacy: The Middle School Years
Are you a visual learner? Most people are. If so, you know there is nothing like watching a master teacher in action in the classroom, especially when they are working with struggling adolescent readers. This is the kind of powerful PD your teachers need, but can't get anywhere. Until now!
Educational Impact has created a unique online PD program on adolescent literacy by filming hundreds of hours of real classroom video - then selecting just the right clips to allow your teachers to watch and model the distinguished practices of master teachers.
Here are some things your elementary and middle school teachers will learn in this online program:
- Four strategies you will use over and over again to identify struggling
- The easy way to determine whether a student is a struggling reader,
or just an uninterested reader...and what to do about it.
- Three things you must do to successfully teach reading within the
content areas.... watch two powerful examples from a math and science class.
- A look inside numerous classrooms reveals the seven essential elements
of a literacy-rich environment.