- 3 hours of video
- 4.2 hours completion time
- 4 Multiple Choice Assessments
22 Components of Great Teaching
Drawing on years of research and personal experience, Charlotte Danielson presents commentary on each one of the 22 Framework components. Charlotte offers teachers a coherent collection of practical classroom strategies and techniques to help enhance their skills in each component area. In this thought-provoking presentation, Charlotte explores why each component is important and how they work together to define "good teaching." Using an array of examples, Charlotte examines the challenges teachers face in achieving a "distinguished" level for each component.
Here are just some of the things Charlotte will examine:
- How to phrase student questions in “plural form” to promote
thinking and deeper understanding - an essential classroom
technique encompassed in Framework component 3B.
- The three keys to establishing classroom procedures
(component 2C) that are seamless and do not
consume valuable classroom time.
- Proactive ways teachers can overcome a poisonous
school culture where it is “not cool to learn”
- The most pervasive fear shared by most teachers
(the reason why it is critical that teachers be proficient
in component 2D).
- Why the common method teachers use to introduce
lessons (component 3A), may actually be decreasing student