- 5 hours of video
- 7 hours completion time
- 4 Multiple Choice Assessments
- 12 Optional Skill Building Activities
- Real classroom examples
Director of the Maryland Assessment Consortium and co-author of Understanding by Design
Shauna Findley Ph.D.
Schauna Findlay, Ph.D.
Chief Academic Officer
Goodwill Education Initiatives
Mastering Curriculum Mapping
Are you struggling to teach every standard in your curriculum? Do you have a plan to cover all the national, state, provincial or common core standards? A team approach to curriculum mapping can really help. Mastering Curriculum Mapping is an essential online program for teachers and administrators who are deconstructing standards into manageable learning targets and big ideas. Watch a planning team in action as they unpack standards, plan units of instruction and deliver standards-based lessons. This program features acclaimed author Jay McTighe. Learn from McTighe himself as he discusses the power of Big Ideas and Essential Understandings.
This engaging online program answers the key questions:
- How do I interpret and deconstruct state or common core standards to
determine actual learning targets?
- How can I cluster standards together to ensure I cover them all?
- How do I develop essential understandings and questions for each unit
- What part of the curriculum mapping process should be
developed in collaboration with other teachers?
- What does team planning look like? Should I be planning units of
instruction with other teachers?
- What are the benefits and challenges of curriculum mapping?
Plus much more.