- 3 hours of video
- 4.3 hours completion time
- 4 Multiple Choice Assessments
- Optional Skill Building Activities
Developer of Thinking Maps®, International Consultant & Speaker, researcher and Author of numerous books on Visual Tools,
Board Member, Educators for Social Responsibility, Former Teacher
Visual Tools & Graphic Organizers
In this comprehensive program, national educational expert David Hyerle presents his award winning research on "Thinking Maps and Visual Tools". You will learn how visual tools and graphic organizers can be purposefully used in a variety of classroom applications and disciplines. Hyerle not only presents a compelling case for why you should use visual tools, but also provides you with a complete inventory of powerful task specific organizers you can use when preparing any lesson.
This program will help answer all of your questions including:
- Which graphic organizers promote higher order thinking skills?
- The best visual tools for students who are disorganized.
- The seven troubleshooting tips you must employ to ensure graphic organizers are working correctly in your classroom.
- Why a process map is ideal for lessons that use compare and contrast.
- Which visual tools work best with special needs students.
- Which maps work best for student problem solving.