- 10.5 hours of video
- 14.7 hours completion time
- 6 Multiple Choice Assessments
- Real classroom examples
Mentoring & Coaching: The journey of a first year teacher
Each year thousand of new teachers suffer from the fear, uncertainty and doubt associated with their first teaching job. In this groundbreaking program you’ll watch and hear the voices of three new teachers as they confront the many challenges of their first year in the classroom. Through the use of real classroom video and recorded mentoring sessions, you will get a first hand perspective on how self-reflection and receiving feedback from a trusted mentor can be truly transformative.
In this part reality television, part professional development program you’ll see:
- How each new teacher confronts their first student discipline problem.
- The problems faced by one new teacher who failed to establish effective classroom rules
- Which mentor suggestions made the biggest difference in improving classroom instruction
- The right…and wrong way to provide constructive feedback to a new teacher
- How the “Framework for Teaching” was used to structure the mentoring program for each new teacher
- A “behind the scenes” look at how the new teachers featured in this program responded to the unique challenges of leading a classroom of students for the first time.