- 11 hours of video
- 15 hours completion time
- 11 Multiple Choice Assessments
School Law 101:
Reducing Liability, Litigation and other Potential Problems
Clearly presented and useful to both teachers and school administrators, this powerful online program focuses on legal issues confronting today’s educators. The program was designed for school professionals seeking an easy way to gain a working knowledge of every important area of school law.
We examine critical issues like dress codes, student records, and zero tolerance policies. Users who complete this program will be able to confidently answer an array of legal questions including:
In this program you will discover:
- Do teachers have the right to dress as they wish? How about their right to free speech? Are there any limitations?
- Can a student distribute outside religious material?
- What parts of a teacher evaluation needs to be clearly documented, and how much detail should be included?
- When can student records be released to a third party?
- When must an administrator involve law enforcement in a student disciplinary action?
- Who should the school look to for consent when the parents of a student are separated, but not divorced?
- Can public schools have hair length requirements? Can they be gender specific?
- Can my school implement a dress code?
- Can my school prohibit lewd, vulgar or offensive messages? What about political speech?