- 2.5 hours of video
- 3.4 hours completion time
- 2 Multiple Choice Assessments
- Real classroom examples
Common Core Math Shifts
By now everyone has heard of David Coleman and the creators of the Math Common Core discuss the six instructional shifts required to effectively teach the new standards (focus; coherence; fluency; deep understanding; application; and dual intensity). In this engaging program you’ll get the unique opportunity to see multiple examples of these six instructional shifts in action in real classrooms.
In this powerful program you’ll discover:
- How to teach a deeper understanding of math concepts by masterfully scaffolding lessons into manageable chunks
- The best way to connect student learning across grade levels
- Practical instructional strategies to help students independently perform foundational computations without aid
- Innovative learning activities to provide students with opportunities to apply math concepts in "real world" situations.
- A new vision to create the “dual intensity” that requires students to participate in meaningful “drills,” then demonstrate their new knowledge through extended applications.
- Three proven strategies to help students understand the “big picture” …and see math as more than a set of discrete procedures.