- 6.5 hours of video
- 9.5 hours completion time
- 1 Multiple Choice Assessment
- Optional Skill Building Activities
- 109 Real classroom examples
Charlotte Danielson's Teaching Framework
Looking at Real Classrooms
See what the Framework components look like in action in real classrooms in this unique and unprecedented resource to help teachers and administrators. Packed with 109 real classroom examples, this program features powerful observations from various grade levels and disciplines. During the classroom observations, users have the opportunity to listen as Charlotte Danielson critiques the instructional strategies shown in each video, then explains how they relate to components of the Framework. If a picture is worth a thousand words, this program is an invaluable resource for teachers using the Danielson Framework.
Here are just some of the things Charlotte will examine:
- How much information a teacher should provide students
in advance of a learning activity (is too much information
- The best ways to arrange the physical space in a classroom.
Listen as Charlotte comments on the configurations chosen
by two different teachers.
- How to establish an environment that encourages respect
and rapport. Charlotte explains how the teacher featured in
the classroom video could have missed an important opportunity.
- Common mistakes made by teachers attempting to use formative
assessment. Listen as Charlotte critiques a middle school math teacher.
- How a high school teacher heightened the engagement of his students
through a creative, open-ended assignment. Charlotte tells you how to
offer “choice” whenever possible.
And that's just a small taste...