- 3.3 hours of video
- 4.7 hours completion time
- 3 Multiple Choice Assessments
- 3 video based assignments
- 12 handouts
The Anatomy of Student Engagement
Engagement seems to be the ‘holy grail’ in education. The students want to be engaged, and teachers enjoy seeing their students excited about the lessons they work hard planning. Engagement seems an ethereal state of mind; hard to prove and impossible to measure. And yet, teachers and students know the experience of being truly engaged. It’s exhilarating when it happens! So the question is, “Can teachers make engagement happen?” Can we plan engaging lessons intentionally?
The answer is yes.
In this program you will learn:
- The criteria for engagement
- How to plan for engagement
- 10 strategies that improve engagement
- How to facilitate true discussion
- How to look for evidence of engagement